Services & Amenities
From access to the University of Maryland, Baltimore's 1,200 biomedical faculty researchers, cores, and facilities to commercial providers of contract research services located in the BioPark, many of the tools and expertise needed to advance your business are right here.
UM Academic Resources
|Structural Biology Cores||Imaging Core Facilities||Genomic Technologies Cores|
|Nuclear Magnetic Resonance||Confocal Microscopy||Biopolymer/Genomics|
|X-ray Crystallography||Shared Electron Microscopy||Transgenic & Knockout|
|Mass Spectroscopy||Imaging Core||Molecular Biology/Functional Genomics|
|Edman Sequencing & Protein Analysis|
|Basic & Clinical
|Preclinical Assay Development||Drug Development Cores|
|Developmental Brain & Tissue Bank||Flow Cytometry||Pharmacokinetics Biopharmaceutics|
|Dermatoppathology/ Histology||Animal Care & Veterinary Services||Industrial Pharmaceutics|
|Biostatistics||Cellular Physiology||Nanomedicine & Cellular Delivery|
|Bioinformatics||Small Animal Physiology||Computer Aided Drug Design|
|Pharmaceutics Research Computing||Mouse Functional & Behavioral Core||High Throughput Screening|
|Cell Biological Core||Cytokine Laboratory||GMP facility|
|Molecular Diagnostics Laboratory||Stem Cell Technology|
|Center for Clinical Trials|
|Service agreements, basic contracts or collaborative research agreements detail the benefits and fees for access to services.|
On-Site Contact Research Organizations
- Biopharmaceutical Contract Research Services and cGMP manufacturing
- Phase I/IIa Clinical Trial Services
On-Site UMB Core Facilities
- Institute for Genome Sciences
- Center for Vascular and Inflammatory Diseases
- Flow Cytometry Core
- Histology Core
- Microscopy Core
- Protein Analysis Core
- Protein Interaction Core
Biomedical Research Supply Core (BIORESCO "freezer program")
- BIOmedical REsearch Supply COre is a non-profit entity that is supported by the University of Maryland, School of Medicine.
- Mission: To conserve time, money, space and effort for the University of Maryland, Baltimore, and its researchers, by maintaining a central supply core facility which thrives upon its ability to innovate and re-create itself in accordance with the requirements of the University and its staff.
- The program is funded through the discounts offered by the participating vendors. BIORESCO is self-supporting and operate at no cost to the University.
What are the advantages of Purchasing through BIORESCO?
- Pay no shipping/handling charges. (Average cost $30-40).Receive Discounts from list prices (2-40%). BIORESCO offers the lowest prices for Catalog-listed molecular and cell biology products from our vendors on this campus.
- Access over 40 vendors - Over 5000 "on-site" items.
- Access over 350,000 molecular biology products and reagents. Purchase items from vendors' catalogs whether or not they are listed in BIORESCO's catalog (in most cases).
- Receive free campus-wide delivery.
- Purchase with a minimum amount of paperwork and inconvenience. Consolidate your purchasing.
- Keep unnecessary Styrofoam and packing materials out of the environment. BIORESCO offers clean cardboard boxes, packing materials, styrofoam shippers and freezer packs for free every morning.
There are other advantages as well
- On-Site UMB Core Facilities
- The UMB Health Sciences and Human Services Library containing more than 350,000 volumes and 2,500 journal titles
- On-site conference facilities
- Cafe and catering services
- Retail banking services at Harbor Bank’s BioPark branch
- Dedicated campus police substation providing 24/7 BioPark security
- Free "Circulator" shuttle service through BioPark and UMB campus to the Inner Harbor, Harbor East and Fells Point
- UMB shuttle service, ID required, free