Short-term, pre-built lab space for early-stage bioscience companies
The BioInnovation Center is an ideal environment for companies that require their own dedicated wet lab and/or office space, but may not be ready to build out their own space or commit to a long-term lease. The BioInnovation Center enables companies to expedite their time to market while conserving capital expenditures through:
- Rapid move-in with pre-built lab and office space
- Short term arrangements
- Attractive rental rate that includes:
- Utilities except janitorial and phone/internet
- Shared room for equipment with back-up power
- Shared conference room and kitchenette
- Immediate phone and internet connectivity
The BioInnovation Center companies can readily interact with the entrepreneurially-charged research faculty of the University of Maryland Baltimore—a leading public research university and medical center— and other life science companies in a collegial environment with high-level business and legal services available and the research resources of the University nearby.
Companies in The BioInnovation Center will increase their probability of success and accelerate their growth potential given our:
- Access to UMB faculty scientists and cores, labs, and facilities
- Central Mid-Atlantic location for convenient collaboration with federal, academic, and private entities throughout the East Coast including the National Institutes of Health, Food and Drug Administration, Johns Hopkins and more than 350 bioscience companies in Maryland alone.
- Access to Emerging Technology Center "go-to-market" affiliate program providing business advisory services
- Legal counseling coordinated by the University of Maryland School of Law's Intellectual Property Legal Resource Center
- Convenient transportation access just minutes from major highways, BWI airport and, Amtrak and commuter rail service, not to mention the attractions of Baltimore’s magnificent Inner Harbor.
The BioInnovation Center Tenants will be part of a growing and thriving community of bioscience companies and university research centers.
For additional information, contact Stephen Hanssen