4MLK will be the center of gravity for researchers, innovators, experts and entrepreneurs working at the leading edge of science and technology.
Serving as a gateway between the BioPark, UMB, and the University of Maryland Medical Center, 4MLK will further the BioPark’s mission of bringing together faculty researchers, entrepreneurs, seasoned life science leaders, and community-focused initiatives and programs for the advancement of human health innovation.
The 8-story, 250,000-square-foot building, Phase I of a two phase project located at the intersection of Martin Luther King, Jr. (MLK) Blvd. and Baltimore St., will provide critical wet laboratory space in downtown Baltimore for researchers and companies, flexible lab and office/support space for start-ups, and Class A office space, along with areas for convening and a conference center.
Groundbreaking will occur in fall 2022 with delivery expected in summer 2024.
- 160,000 square feet of Class A wet lab-capable space will be available to commercial partners for build-out.
- 40,000 square feet is planned for flexible lab, office, and lab support facilities specifically designed to meet the rigorous needs of growing life science companies. These flexible lab spaces are paired with full-service amenities such as shared lab equipment, weekly networking and educational programming, and flexible terms.
- A 16,000-square-foot space for community gathering and events will encourage networking and provide educational programming opportunities for tenants, UMB, and the greater Baltimore community.
- Along with the building, the project will deliver an adjacent public plaza and an activated streetscape with retail and food and beverage venues along Baltimore Street and MLK Blvd.
- Phase II will add a second 250,000-square-foot lab/office building.