UM Health Sciences and Human Services Library
601 W. Lombard Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
Reference Desk: 410-706-7996
BioPark tenants may receive a free corporate membership to the HSHSL on campus located on the corner of Lombard and Greene Streets. For details contact Linda Cassard.
BioPark tenants may join URecFit, the extensive fitness center in the Southern Management Campus Center on Lombard Street. That center includes a swimming pool, a 7,000-square-foot work out area with cardiovascular and weight equipment, a spinning studio, several multipurpose rooms, two basketball courts, two racquetball/squash courts, an elevated running track, space for power lifting, plus a variety of classes. BioPark tenants are considered affiliate members; for rates, please visit the URecFit website.
To access the facilities, individuals must have either a drivers license or a UMB OneCard. To apply for a OneCard, please complete the application.
For additional information or to join, contact the Athletic Center at 410-706-7529 or visit their website.
Graphic Design & Printing Services
UMB Office of Communications and Public Affairs
The UMB Office of Communications and Public Affairs can be contracted to provide graphic design services and coordinate with vendors.
Communications and Public Affairs
E-mail: [email protected]
UMB’s Office of Research and Development is responsible for handling corporate interactions with the campus.
Visit the website for additional information.
Tenants have access to the University's central research supply core, BIORESCO with benefits including:
- Pay no shipping/handling charges.
- Receive Discounts from list prices (2-40%).
- Access over 50 vendors - Over 5000 "on-site" items.
- Access nearly 2 million discounted products and reagents.
- Receive free delivery, twice daily.
- Purchase with a minimum amount of paperwork and inconvenience. Consolidate your purchasing.
- Keep unnecessary Styrofoam and packing materials out of the environment. We offer clean cardboard boxes, packing materials, styrofoam shippers and freezer packs for free every morning.
- Read more information about BIORESCO here.
The University of Maryland BioPark provides entrepreneurs and researchers with access to the research faculty and an extensive array of core facilities, labs and services of the University of Maryland and its professional schools of medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, nursing and law. BioPark companies may access UMB core facilities for a fee through service or sponsored research agreements. Click here for a full listing of UMB cores or the Center for Innovative Biomedical Resources.
University of Maryland, Baltimore – Police and Public Safety
Safe Walk/Safe Ride
The UMB Police Department offers a Safe Walk/Safe Ride service for tenants in the BioPark. Safe Walk operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and Safe Ride is available from 7 a.m. to 1 a.m. 365 days a year. Depending on your destination, the UMB Police Department will dispatch either the Safe Walk or Safe Ride service. Boundaries for the service are available on the UMB Police website.
To request Safe Walk/Safe Ride, call 410-706-6882
BioPark buildings included:
- 800 West Baltimore Street
- 801 West Baltimore Street
- 850 West Baltimore Street (Maryland Proton Treatment Center)
- 900 West Baltimore Street (Medical Examiners Office)
- 16 South Poppleton Street (UMB Community Engagement Center)
- 875 Hollins Street (The Lion Brothers Building)