Industry Awards Celebration
The 2018 Industry Awards Celebration will their 30th year of recognizing the companies and individuals in the Washington, DC region who make a difference. The Tech Council ignites the power of three by bringing together a trio of industries that are accelerating our local ecosystem—technology, life sciences, and healthcare/health IT. Their mission to make this region a top three innovation economy by 2023, redefining what’s possible and helping to shape the future through ideation, collaboration, and innovation. Join them in celebrating the veteran companies and startups, the CEOs and CFOs who are lighting the way and inspiring us all.
MTC’s annual celebration will begin at 5:00pm with cocktail hour, followed by dinner and the awards ceremony.
The Hotel at The University of Maryland
7777 Baltimore Ave
College Park MD 20740
Finalists for the 2018 Industry Awards Celebration are:
Chief Executive Officer of the Year:
- Paul Green, Chief Executive Officer, G2
- Phil Green, Chief Executive Officer, Innoplex
- Stephen Hoffman, Chief Executive Officer, Sanaria
- John Shetrone, President and Chief Executive Officer, Vision Technologies
- Doug Ward, Chief Executive Officer, Personal Genome Technologies
Financial Executive of the Year:
- Jen Leroux, Chief Operating Officer, Snag-A-Slip
- Jon Pilon, Chief Financial Officer, Federal Resource Supply Company
- Robert Wilson, Chief Financial Officer, Innoplex
- Laurence Zuriff, Chief Financial Officer, Xometry
Emerging Company of the Year:
Government Contracting Company of the Year:
- Knight Sky
Life Science Company of the Year:
- Paragon Bioservices
- Personal Genome Diagnostics
Technology Company of the Year:
- DP Solutions
- Plan B Technologies
- Vision Technologies
In partnership with Alexandria Real Estate, three high school seniors will be awarded a $3,000 STEM scholarship to pursue a STEM-related field of study at a public college or university in the state of Maryland. In addition, an educator who is furthering excellence in the classroom and exciting K-12 students about STEM will be presented with the STEM Educator of the Year Award and a $500 prize sponsored by AstraZeneca/MedImmune.
New this year, SoBran and MTC are celebrating the transformational science coming out of Maryland and surrounding areas by establishing the Innovation for Impact Prize. The Grand Prize Winner will receive a research study worth up to $20,000 and a cash prize of $1,000.
For more information, please visit www.mdtechcouncil.com/iac