Information for Current Tenants
To fuel existing tenant-to-tenant interactions and tenant/University partnerships, each Park tenant is eligible for a $1,500 annual award to fund "tenant-to-tenant” contracts or projects and University fee-for-service resources. Apply for your BioBucks Reward when you enter into the following types of transactions:
- Contract for services or products from among the campus’ cores and labs medschool.umaryland.edu/research/core
- Contract with another company within the BioPark www.umbiopark.com/tenants
- Pay tuition for training of employees at BCCC, UMB or Smith School of Business
- Hire an intern from campus, Smith School or the BCCC program
To draw down your funds, please contact Linda Cassard (email@example.com) with your "BioPark Bucks Reward" project details.
Staff are available to field any Park-related issues, make introductions to the University's faculty and provide briefings on the BioPark development.
Tenants have access to the University's central research supply core, BIORESCO with benefits including:
- Pay no shipping/handling charges.
- Receive Discounts from list prices (2-40%).
- Access over 40 vendors - Over 5000 "on-site" items.
- Access over 350,000 molecular biology products and reagents.
- Receive free delivery.
- Purchase with a minimum amount of paperwork and inconvenience. Consolidate your purchasing.
- Keep unnecessary Styrofoam and packing materials out of the environment. We offer clean cardboard boxes, packing materials, styrofoam shippers and freezer packs for free every morning. Read more information about BIORESCO here.
Email: Click Here
Early Charm Ventures, LLC is a seed stage investment and technology commercialization company specializing in assisting entrepreneurial-minded scientist who have a new technology or product and want to take it to the marketplace. Free consultation services are being offered to BioPark tenants on Wednesdays during normal business hours at Early Charm Ventures BioPark office, 801 W. Baltimore Street, Suite 516. Walk-ins are welcome...appointments are encouraged! Discussions about strategy, funding, marketing, intellectual property management and general operations are most welcome. For an appointment, contact Ken Malone or call 601-466-7050.
Through an agreement with Baltimore's Emerging Technology Center, tenants in the BioPark's BioInnovation Center may access ETC's support services, management advice and networking contacts. Customized business and technical assistance includes:
- Business plan review, assessment, and refinement
- Market research, strategy, and penetration
- Competitive analysis
- Product planning, positioning, and pricing
- Coaching for investor or corporate presentations
- Licensing and financing assistance
- Networking assistance
- Access to a wide range of attorneys, accountants, and business advisors
Click here to sign up to receive the ETC newsletter.
Click here for a list of events.
Tenants may reserve the Life Sciences Conference Center facilities in 801 W. Baltimore Street. Click here to be connected to the conference center page. Café Gourmet located in 801 W. Baltimore Street offers catering services for the conference center, but an outside caterer may also be used.
Tenants may also use some meeting and reception space on the University of Maryland campus. Fees may be charged. These include:
Southern Management Campus Center: variety of flexible meeting rooms
Westminster Hall – Former church at Fayette & Greene Streets
Capacity: 250 banquet style
Contact: Mary Jo Rodney, 410-706-2072
National Museum of Dentistry Atrium
Contact: Elza Dunning, 410-706-4819 or
School of Nursing auditorium
Contact: Office of Communications, 410-706-8418
The Prompt Print Copy Center in the School of Medicine offers printing of scientific size posters and banners, copying, binding and finishing services.
660 West Redwood Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
BioPark tenants may join the BioPark branch of the University Fitness Center in 801 W. Baltimore Street or the new more extensive fitness center in the Southern Management Campus Center on Lombard Street. That center includes a swimming pool, a 7,000-square-foot work out area with cardiovascular and weight equipment, a spinning studio, several multipurpose rooms, two basketball courts, two racquetball/squash courts, an elevated running track, space for power lifting, plus a variety of classes. BioPark tenants are considered primary members by the campus and may join both the SMC Campus Center and the BioPark branch for $40 monthly or $360 annually. The BioPark branch alone is available at the lower rate of $20 monthly or $120 annually. All classes are offered at the SMC Campus Center.
For additional information or to join, contact the Athletic Center at 410-706-7529 or visit their website.
There are a number of nearby restaurants providing lunch options.
- Cafe Gourmet - BioPark, 801 W. Baltimore Street (on-site catering available)
- Bon Appetit - Campus Center, 621 W. Lombard Street
- Lexington Market - 400 W. Lexington
- Penn Restaurant - 663 W. Pratt Street
- Zella's Pizzeria - 1145 Hollins Street
UM Office of External Affairs
OEA can be contracted to provide graphic design services and coordinate with vendors for product
Live Near Your Work (LNYW)—an innovative matching grant program for homeownership and community building. The BioPark Corporation will provide the “employers” match of $2,500 toward a $5,000 employee benefit to cover closing costs or a down payment for your staff who buy their first home in the neighborhoods surrounding the BioPark.
How do employers participate in Baltimore City’s LNYW program?
Complete the application and submit it the Baltimore Department of Housing. Contact Lisa Rawlings at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-706-1931 to let her know you are applying.
Where is the eligible area?
To be eligible, an employee’s home purchase must be in communities within a one-mile radius of the UM BioPark west of Martin Luther King Boulevard. This includes:
- Barre Circle
- Franklin Square
- Hollins Market
- Harlem Park
- Mount Clare
- Union Square
- Washington Village/Pigtown
- Parts of Sandtown-Winchester, Upton and Madison Park
What this benefit can do for your company?
We hope the Live Near Your Work benefit will support the recruitment, retention and productivity of your employees. For current employees who commute long distances to work, offering the LNYW benefit may encourage them to live closer to the UM BioPark reducing their transportation costs, travel time and traffic-induced stress.
You can find out more about the city program here: http://www.livebaltimore.com/resources/incentives/employerprograms/#lnyw
For more information, contact Lisa Rawlings.
The Maryland Intellectual Property Legal Resource Center is operated by the UMB School of Law and provides general counseling about all areas of intellectual property such as patents, trade secrets, copyrights, trademarks and service marks. Patricia Campbell, the director, can be reached at email@example.com.
- 800 W. Baltimore Street: Rhonia Griffin, 410-332-4126
- 801 W. Baltimore Street: Lt. Denise Kendall, 410-244-1958
Tenants may post messages to communicate news, events or to welcome clients. Click here to download BioPark Powerpoint templates or you may use your own to create your message. Slides should be landscape, 11" x 8 1/2". All submissions are subject to editing. Contact Leslie Mooney for additional information or to submit your slide for posting.
- Contact Building Manager, Jeff Carter [Email / (410) 332-4734]
Lunch for Hungry Minds is a periodic lunch get-together and presentation series for BioPark tenants. See our calendar of events click here.
Complimentary notary service is available to BioPark tenants. Contact: Darlene Bryant at 410-706-5958.
Parking is available in the garage on the corner of West Baltimore and Poppleton Streets or at metered spaces on the street. Learn more about garage parking click here.
The media relations group in UMB’s Office of External Affairs works directly with local, regional and national media to report news about research, discoveries and activities on the UM campus. With expertise in television, print and electronic media, the staff writers and media experts may be contracted on an hourly basis for public relations projects including video production, free-lance science writing and media relations. Contact Leslie Mooney for introductions and details.
A UMB Campus Police substation located in offices on the ground floor of the parking garage provides 24/7monitoring and patrols of the area. Contact: Joseph Gutberlet, Police Captain, 410-706-2331
Within the building, the front guard reception desk will be staffed 24/7 and building access is via access card. Watkins security is contracted by Cassidy Turley. You will be requested to show your ID upon entry and guests are to sign in.
- Baltimore’s free downtown shuttle service, the Charm City Circulator, has stops at the BioPark garage and at the corner of Baltimore and Fremont Streets. For information about service times, please go to http://www.charmcitycirculator.com/
- For access to the UM Shuttle, which stops in front of 801 W. Baltimore Street, just complete the form and email to Darlene Bryant for processing. For information about routes and times, please go to http://www.umaryland.edu/shuttlebus/
UMB’s Office of Research and Development is responsible for handling corporate interactions with the campus. Visit the website for additional information.
Tenants may purchase their phone and Internet serivce through the University telecommunications system. Contact Leslie Mooney at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-706-5036 for information and assistance.
The University of Maryland BioPark provides entrepreneurs and researchers with access to the research faculty and an extensive array of core facilities, labs and services of the University of Maryland and its professional schools of medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, nursing and law. BioPark companies may access UMB core facilities for a fee through service or sponsored research agreements. Click here for a full listing of UMB cores and facilities. Contact Jane Shaab or Leslie Mooney to facilitate your access.
601 W. Lombard Street
Baltimore MD 21201
Reference Desk: 410.706.7996
BioPark tenants may receive a free corporate membership to the HSHSL on campus located on the corner of Lombard and Greene Streets. For details or to schedule a tour of the library, contact Aphrodite Bodycomb.